I'm a licensed nail tech who is excited to share how to keep your boom smooth from chipping! Salons don't want you to know their tips and tricks for long lasting manicures which is why I'm spilling the beans. If you utilize these elementary tips you'll acquire how fun and easy it is to exercise your nails at dwelling house and go longer lasting smoothen. I promise it works (for toes besides)!

(Want to learn some of my other household hacks? Bank check out all of my home and family unit posts hither .)

nails with French manicure

Salons don't desire yous to know their tricks and hacks for long lasting manicures. I'thousand a boom tech who is excited to share one of my best beauty hacks with you...<em>how to keep your nail polish from chipping</em>! If you apply these simple tips you'll learn how fun and easy it is to diy your nails at home and get longer lasting polish. I promise it works (for toes too)! This is one of those awesome tutorials that every girl needs in her life.
Salons don't want you to know their tricks and hacks for long lasting manicures. I'1000 a nail tech who is excited to share one of my best beauty hacks with you...<em>how to proceed your nail polish from chipping</em>! If you apply these simple tips you'll learn how fun and easy it is to diy your nails at home and get longer lasting polish. I promise it works (for toes too)! This is one of those awesome tutorials that every girl needs in her life.
Salons don't desire you to know their tricks and hacks for long lasting manicures. I'm a nail tech who is excited to share one of my all-time beauty hacks with you...<em>how to keep your nail polish from chipping</em>! If you apply these simple tips you'll learn how fun and easy it is to diy your nails at home and get longer lasting polish. I promise it works (for toes too)! This is one of those awesome tutorials that every girl needs in her life.
Salons don't want yous to know their tricks and hacks for long lasting manicures. I'grand a nail tech who is excited to share one of my best beauty hacks with you...<em>how to keep your nail smoothen from chipping</em>! If you apply these simple tips you'll learn how fun and easy it is to diy your nails at home and get longer lasting polish. I promise it works (for toes too)! This is one of those awesome tutorials that every girl needs in her life.

Something you may not know about me is that I'yard a licensed blast technician. (Yep, I still continue my license renewed.) Years agone when I worked at a salon, I learned the tips and tricks that I'm going to share with yous today. Clients always raved at how long their polish lasted just by using these simple techniques.

nail polish, quick dry and buffer block

Hither are the boom products I'll be talking virtually and sharing:

  • Block Buffer
  • Boom Tek Foundation
  • OPI Bond Aid
  • Boom Tek II
  • Nail Tek 10-Speed

hand holding a buffer block

File your nails, push back your cuticles, and y'all're set up to brainstorm.

Step #ane: Buff your nails using a Cake Buffer

Nails are naturally porous and the goal of buffing your nails with a Block Buffer is to remove as much moisture from the nail every bit possible.

Tips:

  • Practice not apply a nail file in place of a Block Buffer. Blast files will remove also much from the surface of your nail and weaken it.
  • As you can see above, this how you should hold your Block Buffer when I'm using it.
  • If it'southward your first time using your Cake Buffer, run your boom file over the iv pointy edges. This will dull the edges and preclude your cuticles from getting cut and scratched up.

buffed finger nails
This is how my nails looked after I buffed them with the Cake Buffer.

Step #ii – Spray your nails with rubbing alcohol.

Along with cleaning the dust off of your nails, this step also helps dry out your smash bed.

Tip:

  • If you don't have a minor spray canteen, you tin besides pour rubbing booze into the bottle'due south chapeau and dip your blast in it.

buffed finger nails in front of opi bondaid

Step #iii – Use OPI Bond Help

The most important step, and definitely NOT one that should exist skipped.

This is the 3rd and final stride in drying out your blast bed. When the rubbing booze has dried, apply a coat of OPI Bond Assistance only as yous would regular blast polish. Your nails will still look extremely dry out only that is exactly what yous desire!

finger nails with polish beside a bottle of nail tek foundation III

Step #4 – Utilise a base of operations glaze.

Yous can use any base coat, only I recommend Blast Tek Foundation. It non only works as a base coat, only the Nail Tek products strengthen your nails. As y'all can see, Blast Tek Foundation gives your nails a nice matte finish.

Tips:

  • For each coat of smooth you add together to your nail, you lot'll want to seal it by running the polish brush over the edge (tip) of your smash.
  • As you're polishing your nails, be very conscientious non to become any polish on your cuticles or the peel around your nails. That beingness said, if you practise get some on your skin (it's kind of inevitable) you tin can either let it dry and remove information technology subsequently, or use an Orangish Forest Stick (which is also what I utilize to push back my cuticles) dipped in nail smooth remover to go it off.

finger nails with freshly polished French manicure

Step #five – Employ polish.

In that location are tons of different brands of boom polish. Choose your favorite colour and apply two coats. If you do a French Manicure like I did today, you only need i coat of white on the tips.

Tips:

  • OPI Alpine Snow is the bright white to apply for your French Manicure.
  • If you lot don't like the brilliant white of a French Manicure, you can ever apply one glaze of OPI Throw Me A Osculation (pinkish with a shimmer) Be There In A Prosecco (creamy), or OPI Bubble Bath (pink without shimmer) (or any other very lite colored smooth) on top of your white tips. You'll definitely want to test information technology on one nail before you begin to see if you like it.

finger nails with French manicure polish

Step #6 – Apply a top coat.

While you can use any meridian coat, I recommend Smash Tek II. As I said earlier, the Blast Tek products strengthen the nails.

Tip:

  • Let your nails dry out for a few minutes before applying your peak coat. If they're nonetheless moisture when you lot apply the pinnacle coat, y'all could become white (or any color y'all're using) on your brush. Reddish could give your entire bottle of height glaze a pink tinge and white could add together a streak of white to the rest of your nails. (Definitely not fun after all the work you lot've already done.)

finger nails French manicure polish

Step #vii – Use Nail Tek 10-Speed.

There are many drying products, but Smash Tek 10-Speed is the one that I've used for years and recommend. The Smash Tek 10-Speed speeds upward the drying process, only I always recommend that you let your nails dry for 30-60 minutes.

And there you take information technology, my salon secrets to keep your smash polish from chipping. Keep in mind that if your hands are in a lot of h2o, your polish just isn't going to last as long. (Y'all might consider wearing gloves to wash dishes, garden, etc.)

Maintenance Tip:

I recommend sealing the edges every few days by running the top glaze brush over the edge of your nail. Many of my clients apply a coat of Smash Tek II to their nails every solar day. Doing this non just strengthens their nails just also keeps their polish from chipping.

What are your tips and tricks to continue your nail polish from chipping?


EQUIPMENT


Read Next: